Start date: As soon as possible
Status: Full-time employee, salaried
Compensation: TBD based on experience. $50,000 minimum.
Typical hours: 40 per week, primarily during standard business hours.
Work Location: Berkeley/Oakland
Reports to: Executive Director
Application: at the bottom of this page
BERI is seeking a Program Assistant to work 40 hours per week, primarily during standard business hours (9am - 5pm Pacific Time), to support our partner-facing projects. Typical responsibilities will include the following:
- Research into how BERI can find new ways to support its partners. This often involves phone communication with our lawyers, banks, and partners.
- Drafting or reviewing proposals, agreements, etc. for our programs.
- Timely communication with partners to discover and meet their needs.
BERI aims to provide support to our partners working to mitigate x-risk within a short timeframe, so we want someone who will take initiative, move our projects forward every day, and provide quick turnarounds on tasks. We seek candidates who are able to:
- Complete a wide variety of tasks quickly (competent generalists).
- Prioritize and reprioritize between many projects.
- Stay organized despite high volumes of information.
- Communicate clearly.
- Answer the telephone during most business hours.
- Be detail-oriented and conscientious even in a fast-paced work environment.
We are especially interested in candidates who would like to grow to take on more responsibilities at BERI in the future (e.g., autonomous work on larger projects, managing other team members, etc.).