Berkeley Existential Risk Initiative is an independent 501(c)(3) public charity founded in 2017.
- Our EIN is 81-4820272.
- Articles of Incorporation
- IRS Determination Letter
- Bylaws (including Conflict of Interest Policy)
- Our yearly 990 filings, which include detailed financial information, as well as data on staff and board member remuneration, can be found here:
- Our annual reports, which include qualitative summaries of all of our activities, can be found here: 2021, 2020.
- Our audited financial statements can be found here: 2021, 2020, 2019 (not audited; only reviewed), 2017
Our mailing address is: 440 N Barranca Ave #2374 Covina, CA 91723
BERI is also registered with the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration as a Public Benefit Organization (ANBI), under the number 8261.41.353. Our required yearly reports can be found here: 2021, 2020.
The list below is designed for maximum transparency regarding the nature of BERI’s financial supporters, rather than maximum technical accuracy. As such, this list does not always indicate the full corporate name of the legal donor. Instead, this list may use the colloquial name of a corporation, the name of a DAF advisor, or the name of the controlling donor to a private foundation. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
By default, BERI does not publish donor information. Each individual on the list has given their explicit permission for BERI to publish this information. Donors who have not given permission are summed into the “all others…” lines for each year. Many donors were not contacted or did not respond. Some donors simply prefer privacy. BERI respects the right of each of our donors to make their own decisions in this regard.
Last updated: 2023-01-24 There is often a delay between when a donation is received, recognized internally, and added to this list.