BERI’s primary work is with university institutions and researchers focused on mitigating x-risk. We collaborate with our partners in a variety of ways. Sometimes, we can quickly provide funding for an activity that is difficult to fund through university mechanisms. Other times, we provide researchers with a service that they need.
Our main collaborations are with the following groups:
In addition, we are currently exploring trial collaborations with the following groups and individuals:
- ALL - the Autonomous Learning Laboratory at UMass Amherst
- Cornell Tech Policy Lab
- InterACT - the Interactive Autonomy and Collaborative Technologies Laboratory at UC Berkeley
- Meir Freidenberg and Joe Halpern at Cornell
- SERI - the Stanford Existential Risks Initiative
- Yale Effective Altruism, to support x-risk discussion groups
If you work with any of these groups, BERI encourages your requests for support!
How to request support
If you are interested in receiving support from BERI, the best way to explore this possibility is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then start a conversation about your plans, moving forward as we feel is appropriate for the situation.